Monday, June 25, 2007

Downtown Cruise Night

Every Wednesday night in the summer there is a large gathering of the local car community. This compliments the usual gatherings every Sunday night as well. These are held in numerous locations in our fair city. All of which I attend on a regular basis.

Why? I love cars. I love the designs, the colours, the sounds, the people involved. Combine that with my love of photography and the mix is heaven. Sure I love just looking at them but to capture them with my camera is something again. I rarely see the whole car at a time. I love little design cues, emblems, grills and lights. These are what I focus on the most. There is one shot I like to repeat from car to car and I'll let you figure out what that one is. Okay...maybe there's a couple. Most importantly for a shot to really get my attention, there has to be light. The last few hours before sunset are the times I love best. Long shadows and that wonderful warm light. Harsh midday sun does nothing for my creative energy.

Anyways. Before I ramble on too much I hope you enjoy my latest photos. This is the largest single post I've ever created and this was a lot of work. Instead of just cars I incorporated more the surroundings this time for more of a journalistic approach. Just a few though. I don't wan't to loose my "focus". Hahaha...alright...I thought it was funny.

Enjoy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

When's the new stuff coming?