Wednesday, November 16, 2005














Another picture I love. This was taken during WW2 in Denmark.
Just after they left Latvia. Imagine leaving your home and packing all your possesions in a couple of steamer trunks while the world around you is being destroyed.
This was taken infront of a large home or hotel of some kind. They never actually lived in it. They lived in barracks just in behind it. All I know is that he has other pictures of the building while Red Cross trucks are making deliveries to it.
The photo consists of Left to Right: My Grandmother, my Great Grandfather, my uncle George, my Great Grandmother, my dad, and my Grandfather.
A neat technical note: This photo is actually cropped. On the negative my Grandfather actually scratched away the area around the scene you see above. I guess in future he was going to crop it down to what you see here. He never did. So I guess I just had to do it for him.

1 comment:

Mike said...

May 17th 2022. I finally visited this location after years of searching. The most incredible feeling ever.